- Identify the Team – Design Systems does not work in a vacuum. Nobody understands your system better than you!
- Understand and document the study objectives.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the system.
- Collect and validate data and operating parameters.
- Develop a simulation specification which documents the model framework and data inputs. Review with the team.
- Construct a simulation model which accurately represents the system being studied. Validate the simulation results to "real world" performance of the actual system.
- Conduct experimentation to meet the stated objectives
- Report recommendations and solutions